Monday, March 07, 2005

Faithfulness

Managed to contact Mandy today. I was so glad to know that she's still in love with the Lord. That's not to say that I expected her to fall away, but its just that when I look at my own peers, I am saddened by the fact that so many of them, even after experiencing and tasting that the Lord is good, fall away and decide to live lives their own way.

I love this verse:
"Here is a trustworthy saying:
If we died with him, we will also live with him;

if we endure, we will also reign with him.
If we disown him, he will also disown us;
if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself. "
2 Tim 2:11-13 (NIV)


Looking at the last part of this verse, Paul told Timothy that even when we are faithless, Jesus will still be faithful to us, because He is love. He is the unconditional love that continues to love even when that love is not returned.

I pray for so many of my friends who have fallen away that they might be drawn again to the goodness of God. May the love of God compel them, and to let them know that even in their faithless situation, Jesus is still faithfully drawing them back unto Himself.

But I guess everyone has their own season in the wilderness. My prayer is that they get thirsty quickly, because the world and all it has to offer cannot quench that thirst that's deep in our souls. Only Jesus can give us the living water that's able to quench that thirst.

Revival is coming. And I feel that God is starting that awakening in the church first, causing His people to feel burdened for the lost, especially those who have walked away from Christ. And I believe that as long as we continue to pray and stand in the gap for them, reaching out to them in love and faithfulness, the love of God will melt their hearts again, and they will put down their pride and come back to God again. "Oh God! Draw Your people unto Yourself!"

No comments: