Thursday, July 06, 2006

World Cup? What's that?

After almost a month of nations gathering in Germany to kick a piece of round object that retails RM400.00 at our local sport stores, it boils down to this, who will win the 'World Cup'? To the dissapointment of many of my friends and colleagues, football has been one of the things that I can do, and live without. I've tried to get myself hyped up with the sport, but I just couldn't. Hence, it would be a waste of your time to ask me to wake up at 3:00am to watch on the telly a bunch of men in shorts running around while millions jeering them to kick the ball in some direction. Forgive me. I'm not a sports person. No F1, no NBA, no PGA, no Thomas Cup, no Wimbledon...

Even with the recent World Cup going on, I was still trying to figure out who Ronaldo was. I first found out that he was a player for Brazil, but then later on, I found out there's another Ronaldo from Portugal. I'm still confused who's who. Then, there's this guy called Ronaldinho. Why do they all have names there are so similar??!!.. sigh..I am hopelessly lost for things that are sports related. Forgive me.

Anyways, all I know now is that France will meeting up with Italy in the finals. I've not the slightest clue who the players are in French or Italian team, but ask me who I'd vote for, I'll say this: Italy. Why? Cause I prefer pasta over escargot. Again, forgive me. :P

No comments: