Monday, August 08, 2005

Created for eternity

"He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end." - Ecclesiastes 3:11

Here's a thought. God has set eternity in our hearts. To me, I guess what this means is that's our standard. So by right, we should not lose sleep (or worry) bout anything that has an expiry date, which, pretty much covers everything here on earth, but rather, pay more attention on eternal things.

"Lord, give me heavenly eyes to be able to see what you see, that I might not squander my time and resources on things that don't last. Help me to understand the important things in life, such as people, people and people. May my heart be gripped as much as your heart is gripped, knowing that some of them are walking on to perishing destinies, and give me courage and boldness to obey You in bringing light to them. Your kingdom come, your will be done. In Jesus' name, Amen."

1 comment:

Zoe said...

That is RIGHT, KK. We have hearts that made for ETERNITY.