Sunday, January 09, 2011

Knowing The Voice of God

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand.” – John 10:27-28

We live in the world today where it seems that just about everybody has a good idea, a great tip, or the best advice. From magazines to TV shows, from the radio to your next door neighbor, and from the Internet to your friends and families, one thing you can be sure is that these sources will have a solution to your problem. While not every advice given is bad, it’s not the best either. Also while we can make use of advices to help us get things done faster or easier, we need to be careful with advice that impacts us eternally.
Jesus said that His followers know His voice. When we’re making decisions that impacts our futures; decisions such as which course to study, which career to pursue, which person to marry and so on, how much of these decisions are surrendered to God for His will? Often, our habit it to make the decision first and then pray to get God’s approval.
I pray that our desire in 2011 will be to really know the voice of God in our lives. God promises us that as we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us. Also, as we look for Him, He will reveal Himself to us. Let us change the way we pray of telling God what to do, and have a humbled heart that stoops before His presence, and say “Lord, what’s Your will for my life?”
May you experience this great privilege and enjoyment as you bask in His presence.

3 comments:

moondoggle said...

It was the greatest most liberating thing for me, when I learned that any and all can hear the voice of God. I learned to hear him through journaling. Simply focusing on him and praising him, then allowing him to place thoughts upon my mind. They come at the same frequency level as my own thoughts, but they appear suddenly. And I keep paper and pen to write down any distracting thoughts that come (and they will come) so I can remind myself later (pick up milk, etc). It really does work!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

good